Let’s talk about building a chic and stylish wardrobe starting with the basics and then building upon it with statement pieces. Today let’s focus on finding these basics in our existing wardrobe. We should all have most of these already and whatever we don’t, those are the first things on the buy list –
1. A pair of jeans that fit just right. Preferably dark wash that you can dress up or down.
2. V neck t shirts. White, gray, black, stripes.
3. Cute pair of flats. Neutrals go with everything. Nude, black, brown or red for a pop of color
4. A solid colored bag. A tote or a satchel goes with everything.
5. Statement necklace
6. A sparkly clutch
7. Black pumps
8. A fit and flare dress. Pair it with flats and an envelope clutch for a chic daytime look. Or with heels, statement necklace and a clutch and its a night outfit.
For an everyday outfit, try combinations of these basics. A neutral outfit can always use a pop of color either through bags, shoes or even a bright lip.
A great rule to remember when you invest in a wardrobe is to save on the basics and splurge on statements. Try stores like Loft, Ann Taylor, Old Navy, Gap, J Crew and stock up on basics.